Quora is the place to be for the curious cats of the internet. With over 400 million monthly visitors the platform is like a giant game of Google Feud.
Last week, Quora’s founder Adam D’Angelo announced the release of Poe, their new AI app for iOS.
What’s different about Poe? It has built-in support for the two leading LLMs under public development. The one you keep hearing about—OpenAI’s GPT3—and the lesser known Claude, by Anthropic. It’s the one Google just dumped a $#!t ton of cash into.
Unleashing the poe-tential
We ran a few experiments to compare the results and are impressed. Let’s say you want to be like Tori Dunlap and better understand the needs of your audience.
Here’s an experiment you can run on Poe for the jobs-to-be-done framework:
Train Poe for context
OK Poe, I’m going to ask you some questions and need you to answer in the context of Outcome Driven Innovation and Jobs-to-be-Done, do you understand?
Poe-werful tool and insights
Now that we’ve taken a short step to contextually train the LLM, we can begin to go nuts with the questions.
As a social media influencer who focuses on digital marketing, what are the jobs-to-be-done for my audience on Instagram?
🤖 The Gist by Anthropic’s Claude:
As an influencer focused on digital marketing, the key jobs your Instagram audience is likely hiring you to do include:
- Stay up-to-date on the latest digital marketing trends and best practices. The outcome they want is to gain knowledge and insight into effective marketing strategies.
- Curate and highlight useful marketing tools, resources, and examples. The outcome they want is convenient access to marketing inspiration and assets they can apply to their own work.
- Provide motivation and encouragement for their own marketing efforts. The outcome they want is ongoing inspiration and encouragement from someone with more experience.
- Entertain and engage, while also delivering marketing value. The outcome they want is an interesting influencer to follow who balances useful information with personal flair and style.
So the major jobs-to-be-done are:
- Educate about marketing
- Curate useful resources
- Motivate and inspire
- Entertain while delivering marketing value.
Your content and influencer activities should focus on fulfilling those key jobs and delivering the desired outcomes for your audience.
Holy $#!t, just like that, we've condensed a complicated innovation framework into a bite-sized, 2-minute summary without spending a dime.
No need to break a sweat over confusing concepts. This process will help you zero in on what matters most—for both your audience and your business.
Who needs a genie in a bottle when you’ve got Poe in your pocket?