September 28, 2015
Are you using social media to market your business?Still, finding sales and conversion results are less than stellar?You're not alone.Social selling is a common business challenge.That's why I was ecstatic to join Aaron Kilby last week on #MediaChat where we tackled this tough topic.We discussed social media, the sales process, and finding your perfect marketing mix.Below is a roundup of our conversation, including 31 tips to effectively use social media to boost your sales!
1. Get involved! The key to building lasting relationships is engagement. Make conversation the bridge between you and your audience.
A1 the more you engage the more people you meet. The more opportunities arise to see who needs your products/how to reach them #mediachat
— LUCYrk (@LUCYrk78) September 25, 2015
2. Use Pinterest and Facebook advertising. Promoted/Boosted Posts can highlight quality content and drive targeted leads.3. To capture consumer attention, answer ‘blocking’ questions immediately. Use straightforward language and be descriptive.
4. Create a Persona Profile. Know your target market and understand their needs. Now speak directly to them within your social media profiles.5. Get a professional headshot! People connect with people, not a logo, dog, or kids. Make it easy to see who you are at a glance.
I think establishing relationships with customers through social media is the most effective method. #MediaChat https://t.co/H3oinraNNK— Taylor Palmer (@TayAP15) September 25, 2015
6. Get branded. Cover photos offer an immediate visual connection to your brand. Let this space tell your story!
Social media is also a perfect branding opportunity, showing potential customers how your values and your brand aligns with them #mediachat
— Lindsay Dykman (@smavvylinds) September 25, 2015
7. Create content that offers value and is clear in its intent. It helps potential customers get “un-stuck” during purchase decisions.
Boooyah! #sales #SocialSelling #quotes #quoteoftheday #MediaChat pic.twitter.com/MAv2ugMqa8— Jack Kosakowski (@JackKosakowski1) September 25, 2015
8. Let visual marketing tell the story behind your company, product or service. Show and tell, don’t sell!
A3) Let visual marketing tell the story behind your company, product or service. Show and tell, don’t sell! #MediaChat
— Rebekah Radice (@RebekahRadice) September 25, 2015
9. Video is the single best way to build rapport, establish expertise and instill trust in your business.
@VaradhKrish It's such a great way to get face to face and let people hear/see you rather than just read a text, post or tweet. #MediaChat— Rebekah Radice (@RebekahRadice) September 25, 2015
10. If you want to stand out in a sea of social media noise, know what sets you apart from the competition. Now share it without fail.11. Define your special skills and unique abilities. Specifically, share how they help solve your target audience's problem(s). Share your story.12. Stories create a personal connection, drawing on emotion and humanizing your business, making you memorable.
13. Hashtags give you reach into a previously untapped market. How does this work? Once a word or phrase is hashtagged (take #socialmedia, for example), anyone can see it & search it.14. With hashtags, you can also track your mentions, identifying key promoters or supporters of your brand. It's a great way to insert yourself into the conversation, saying a simple hello or thank you.15. Hashtags should also be used in your next marketing campaign to align with the theme and message. Use them along with tracking URLs to monitor your progress and brand your business.
A5) Use hashtags in your next marketing campaign to align with the theme and message. Track the success while branding your biz. #MediaChat
— Rebekah Radice (@RebekahRadice) September 25, 2015
16. Pinterest lets your expertise shine, introducing you and your business to a whole new targeted audience. Its no secret, I love its pinning powers!
@RebekahRadice I love Pinterest! I think Pinterest and @instagram are the underdogs of the social media world. #MediaChat
— Taylor Palmer (@TayAP15) September 25, 2015
17. Rich Pins are a social sales dream! Additional data is added to pins, offering higher visibility & an instant call to action. Are you using them in your business? If not, it's time to get on board.
Rich pins are the bee's knees!! #mediachat :)) #HatTip2U https://t.co/DmE0yQBDAH — Adel de Meyer (@AdeldMeyer) September 25, 2015
18. On Pinterest, consistent branding, including colors, fonts, and style, creates a streamlined look, boosting brand awareness. Don't miss the opportunity to utilize all that Pinterest has to offer.My “Pinterest Getting Started Guide” on Post Panner shares secrets to using Pinterest in your business.
19. Consumers are moving at lightning speed as they research, interact, and make purchase decisions online. To capture their attention, you need to answer the WIIFM question immediately.20. Social media can help you drive sales and leads by building deeper, more meaningful connections with your audience.21. Sharing who you are, what you’re all about, and who you help builds trust, which is the cornerstone of social selling.22. Buyer decisions are wrought with emotion. Social media lets you foster a positive emotional response towards your business.
23. Use short, provocative tweets that invoke interest and inspire action within your audience.
RT @SamPavin: A8 Beyond engaging and sharing, go get the customers where they are. The secret tool: Twitter search done well #mediachat
— Margie Analise (@margieanalise) September 25, 2015
24. Get visual! Images including quotes, data, or behind-the-scenes images can extend the message of your product or service.25. According to @Buffer, Tweets with images get 18% more clicks, 89% more favorites & 150% more retweets. pic.twitter.com/LXxTzY56Gl
Twitter is a hub for community, a stream for information and a funnel for sales, takes balance to connect with all #mediachat RT @BrandIdeas — Aaron Lee (@AskAaronLee) September 25, 2015
26. Get involved in chats like this one. Find your target market and get interactive around their (and your) favorite topics.
A8 Twitter chats, twitter lists, engage, connect, build relationships, help/provide value. #mediachat https://t.co/wXwk6aYymU
— Jeremy Murphy (@jeremypmurphy) September 25, 2015
27. Add a call to action to your posts. Never leave the next step you want fans to take to chance.
THIS RIGHT HERE. #mediachat https://t.co/MVGQDPJMAj
— Rachel Moore (@Rachel_Really) September 25, 2015
28. Facebook is a visual medium. Get your important details front and center on your cover photo. And make sure your content meaningful and compelling. Not only does it increase engagement, but strengthens ties to your page.
A3 Content that is helpful/beneficial to prospect about industry. Use cases for product or solution. Not blatant self-promotion. #mediachat— Anh Nguyen (@AnhTNguyen) September 25, 2015
29. I wrote about this in “11 Little Facebook Tips That Bring BIG Engagement Results.”
30. I love @SproutSocial. Sprout is an all-in-one social management platform with powerful social CRM tools built right in.
A10: Keep note of people you do business with and follow up with them in person, over the phone, or social media. #mediachat — Lisa Wetzel (@Elite_VS) September 25, 2015
31. If you want a tool that integrates email, @Nimble is your answer. It's a cost-effective CRM solution with a whole lot of social power.
While there are many ways to boost sales through the power of social media, not everyone is right for your business.Figure out where your target audience spends their time online and then be there - without fail.The beauty of social media is in relationships, which can only blossom through consistent engagement.