Mothers Day Brunch Aboard the Royal Gorge TrainIt's almost Mothers Day. A day to celebrate a woman that has had the strongest and most profound influence on our lives. As I researched unique and fun ways to spend Sunday in Colorado, I came across this idea.
What is the Royal Gorge -
The Royal Gorge, also known as the Grand Canyon of the Arkansas is a canyon on the Arkansas River near Canon City City Colorado. It's best known for the worlds highest suspension bridge and some amazing white water rafting.
The suspension bridge which spans the Arkansas River at a height of 1053 feet will literally take your breath away for two reasons. The beauty of the surrounding area and the weightless feeling associated with standing a mere quarter of a mile above ground.
The Royal Gorge train -
If you've never dined aboard a train, then you're in for a real treat this Mother's Day! Hop on board the Royal Gorge Route Railroad’s annual Mother’s Day Brunch excursion on Sunday, May 8th.
Begin with a glass of champagne, followed by a variety of chef-prepared entrees, and finish it off with a dessert that would make your mother proud.
Take a look at the Mother's Day Menu – YUM!
- Baby green salad served with candied pecans, blue cheese crumbles, sun-dried cranberries, and raspberry vinaigrette.
- Steak Oscar (Beef tenderloin topped with lobster asparagus and Béarnaise sauce).
- Quiche made with roasted pepper mushrooms, Prosciutto ham, Parmesan potato croquette, and sautéed vegetables.
- Dessert: Seasonal - Chef's Choice
All Moms will also receive a red rose and glass of champagne. To book your Mothers Day Brunch, visit the Royal Gorge Route Website. If you've never been to the Royal Gorge, here are a few fun facts:
- The Mothers Day Tour is based on the railroad route bringing the ore out of Cripple Creek and Victor down to Florence to be processed and shipped out.
- Cañon City was the birthplace of the Colorado Film Commission, the first Film Commission in the world.
- Cañon City has an average of 325 days of sunshine every year, more than Palm Springs, CA, and Miami, FL.
- Up until 1990, you could make a phone call in Cañon City by dialing the last five numbers.
However you choose to celebrate your Mother's Day, I hope it's with the people most important to you!
About Rebekah Radice
Rebekah Radice, co-founder of BRIL.LA, has traded narcissism for purpose. When not driving growth, you'll find her tricking family into thinking she's Emeril Lagasse - likely covered in marinara. The spotlight was fun, but impact is better. These days she's using 20+ years of brand brilliance for good.