Every blogger knows that great content is the magic behind a quality blog. It is the , boosting your blog traffic is an essential part of the of of the process in building blog buzz, visibility and sustainability.
No matter what strategy you use to grow your blog subscriber and readership base, building a solid foundation is a crucial factor to blog success. Your content is the backbone of your blog and spicing it up can inject life into a budding blog.
Here are 6 quick and easy tips to get you on the road to a blog readability and sustainability!
1. Quality Content: Practice Makes Perfect
Writing quality content is an ongoing process. For me it means jotting down an idea, formulating the post and then massaging it until I feel it's ready to be published.
Working through this process allows me Reading your post out loud allows you to feel what your reader will feel as they read your article. It also allows you to sense where you can edit or eliminate unnecessary verbiage.
I always read my articles out loud (to the utter frustration of my family) to make sure the sentence flows properly and isn’t too wordy or choppy. There’s no shame in editing as you read through.
Practice makes perfect!
2. Make Your Post Readable
Come up with only about one single subject per post. If you realize yourself starting of on a tangent or expounding on an aspect of what you are currently talking about, go ahead and finish your post.
Then break up it into a couple of posts!
3. Use Video
Eliminate all unnecessary and "weakening" words and phrases in the body of your post. (Adjectives and adverbs are typically the first one to cut!)
4. Write Catchy Blog Post Titles
Write short, effective headlines for blog posts. Start with your main keyword and then work it into your title and post.
The challenge can be making it feel natural.Make certain that your post titles:
- Stimulate the curiosity of your readers and
- Summon their emotions – whether it’s anger, frustration, happiness or excitement
5. Apply the Rule of One
Apply one of these rules to each of your posts:
- Offer content that solves a problem or offers a solution to your readers
- Offer an answer that your competition isn’t
- Show “how-to” do something
- Encourage your reader through facts to make a decision
- Entertain your readers through a relatable story
- Inspire your readers through “feel good” stories
- Make your reader laugh, cry or think
- Let your reader get to know you and understand that you really can make a difference in their life or situation
6. Give Your Readers What They Want
Intersperse fun, relatable stories with education, informative articles and entertaining and engaging content.
You don’t need to do a hard sell to get people to buy from you. What you need is authentic, relevant information that offers insight into who you are and why they need to take action with you today.
Writing great content only requires a few things – consistent posts from someone that truly cares.
Generating blog traffic will come as you make blogging a part of your routine.Good luck -- and here's to increased blog traffic!
About Rebekah Radice
Rebekah Radice, co-founder of BRIL.LA, has traded narcissism for purpose. When not driving growth, you'll find her tricking family into thinking she's Emeril Lagasse - likely covered in marinara. The spotlight was fun, but impact is better. These days she's using 20+ years of brand brilliance for good.