Social media can feel like a runaway train for those without an online social marketing strategy.You can easily find yourself on social media overload; lost and confused about where to head next.We throw away valuable time bouncing from Facebook to Twitter and then back to our blog. It can seem like an endless cycle of posting, commenting, tweeting, checking in, and stumbling around.For anyone interested in leveraging the power of social media, controlling the amount of noise and information is essential.Creating a simple strategy that you can easily implement and follow on a daily basis is something all “dabblers” in this marketing medium must embrace.Below is an example of how you can manage your social and blogging efforts without spending a ridiculous amount of time online.
Social Media Daily Strategy
- Review your Google Alerts and RSS reader for 15 minutes each morning. Read through industry news that feels “tweetable” or post-worthy for your particular audience. You can use tools to identify key times to tweet based on when your followers are online. It takes the “swatting at flies” aspect out of Twitter marketing.
- Take 10 minutes to schedule 3-5 tweets from your blog and other articles that you set to go out during the day.
- Take 1 minute to find someone in your field and retweet and comment on their tweet.
- Find and follow 2-3 new people through the Twitter search app by clicking on "Discover" and then “Who to Follow.”
- Spend 5 minutes crafting a post or tweet that creates conversation within your community.
- Use analytics to see what content generated the most interest. Take a post with significant views and repurpose it for other networks.
- Spend 5 minutes on LinkedIn and identify 2 people to connect with.
- Visit YouTube and view videos you can use in a post or link to via Twitter.
Posting and Content Strategy
- Write two blog posts per week targeted at your niche. Keep your message focused on content that your readers will find interesting whether it’s first time home buyer tips or tips on how to buy a home in Atlanta. Inject your own personality into each blog and allow your readers, followers, and fans to get to know the real you.
- Post at least once per day on your Facebook page dependant on the best times to post. You will find this in your page analytics reflected through Facebook insights.
- Focus your content on the consumer by tweeting, posting and blogging about home improvement, buying/selling tips, frequently asked homebuyer questions, home design, and other topics important to a home-buyer or seller.
Consistency is the key to a successful social media marketing strategy and creating a checklist will give you the daily road map.Your goal each and every day is to raise awareness, create loyalty, and heightened visibility. The result is to drive a never-ending stream of leads to your website.
About Rebekah Radice
Rebekah Radice, co-founder of BRIL.LA, has traded narcissism for purpose. When not driving growth, you'll find her tricking family into thinking she's Emeril Lagasse - likely covered in marinara. The spotlight was fun, but impact is better. These days she's using 20+ years of brand brilliance for good.