Your social media is not just a digital billboard for your 9-to-5 life. To be honest, nobody wants to sift through copy-paste content. So what posts will start a fiesta in your social media channels?
The main event: your unique quirks and personality. Whether it’s your witty one-liners or the uncanny way you use an em dash. Maybe, it’s your ability to rap all the 2000s hits by heart. We want it all.
Secret ingredient: you
But here's the deal: the content you share on social media is not just an echo in the digital void. It’s your unique worldview, a cheeky defiance of the status quo, a curveball that makes the scrolling thumb freeze. It’s what your audience craves and no AI prompt can generate.
So, we've got a fun surprise for you today: a piñata of content prompts to help you show off your unique, bold, and quirky side on social media. But bringing your own spark to it? That's entirely up to you.
Swipe file: 30 diverse content creation prompts
- Share your process of how you tackle common problems for your clients.
- Share your freelancing journey.
- Share a success story of how your services have helped a client achieve their goals.
- Share your values.
- Share something you've struggled with in the past + how you've overcome it.
- Introduce yourself + what you do for new followers.
- Create a list of your favorite tools or resources for freelancers in your niche.
- Share a book recommendation that has had a significant impact on your freelance career.
- Share 5 things you wish you knew when you were starting out.
- Share a sneak peek of your blog post/other forms of content.
- Post things you love to do on Sundays.
- Share a hobby unrelated to freelancing and how it makes you happy.
- Share your not-to-do list.
- Celebrate a win/milestone.
- Post why you love living where you are.
- Share your favorite resources - blogs, newsletters, podcasts.
- Showcase a before-and-after example of your work or client transformation.
- Share a client testimonial or review highlighting the value you provided.
- Share common myths about freelancers in your industry and debunk them.
- Share a sneak peek of an upcoming project or collaboration you're excited about.
- Share random facts about you (unrelated to work).
- Create a relatable meme for your industry.
- Share your origin story - how you started your biz.
- Ask a question/post a poll in stories about what your followers want to see.
- Share your must-have apps/software for productivity.
- Share your favorite travel spot.
- Share your random pet peeves.
- Host a free giveaway of your services (consultation or something small like that).
- Answer a common question you get from clients.
- Share your work-from-home tips/essentials.
- Create an engaging personality-driven post for your social feeds. Answer the question: What are your random pet peeves? Here’s an example.
A random post on a random Sunday about 15 random things I can't stand. Enjoy! 😝
- Food that is NOT pipping hot
- TV noise in the background
- Talking on the phone
- People being late
- Unwiped kitchen surfaces
- Leaving the house without having a coffee
- Sitting down on public transport
- People who drink vodka Martinis
- Eating first thing in the morning
- Mainstream movies
- Overcooked pasta
- Cold weather
- Rude customer service
- Not planning things out
Comment and tell me yours! 👇🏽
About Susan Rov
Susan traded cocktails and lattes for words that move. As a copywriter on a mission to end boring, she brightens brands and makes an impact. Number 463 on the list of fiction readers left standing, you'll find Susan at sunrise—running, writing, and wondering how to change the world next. That drive led her to become a founding team member of BRIL.LA.